Moses cried out in this manner in Numbers 11:14 because of the burden of caring for Israel in the wilderness.
I am not able to bear all these people alone, because it is too heavy for me.
Like Moses, some life issues are too heavy for you to handle alone. In many families, the devil has destroyed the men’s earning power, and the women are in charge. Wives pay the bills, and it is very heavy for them. Similarly, when only one person shoulders all the family (nuclear and extended) expenses, such men become weary at a point. Ministry assignment can also be a burden that no one can bear alone. Bearing the burden of God’s assignment without dedicated men and funds, frustration is inevitable.
Emotionally, it is even more challenging to go through life without a spouse, a confidant, a friend and a support system. In addition, students going through school without any financial support may find it very difficult to give their best to academics.
Like Moses, you need to cry to God when you face a similar situation. In this new year, the motivational speakers have said so much. Still, no motivation can help Moses without God sending help to him in his days. So likewise, motivation can do very little when your expenses are too heavy for your income without God sending you support.
The question that comes to mind is, why did Almighty God wait for Moses to cry for help before sending him the needed support? The answer is in the words of Jesus, ask, and you shall receive. No other method of receiving anything from God than asking.
God’s Answer to Moses
Number 11: 16
And the LORD said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee.
And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.
The help of God to ease the burden of Moses has two significant features
- Moses was the one to choose seventy men of the elders of Israel. The elders are more than seventy, so Moses made the selection and not God. The widow in II Kings 4 was the one to borrow empty jars in his neighbourhood. She was responsible for locking her doors and pouring the oil in faith into the empty jars (II kings 4).
- God himself came and placed his very spirit in the seventy men. So this part is God’s, and he will do it in Jesus name, and he will come through for you in the name of Jesus.
Imagine Moses was bearing a burden meant for seventy and one persons. You may wear out if you don’t reach out to God. There is so much in God to offer you. First, surrender your life to Jesus if you have not done so. Tell him to forgive your sins and cleanse you.
Pray the following prayers
- The burden of my ___________ is too heavy for me. Oh Lord, send me helpers in Jesus name (insert finances, marriage, ministry, and other areas you need help)
- Oh Lord, open unto me the channel of ease in the name of Jesus
- Any power that wants to wear me out with heavy burden die in the name of Jesus
- Any evil pattern of not attracting helpers die in the name of Jesus christ
- I receive burden bearers in all areas of my life in Jesus name.