This article was written in the year 2020 during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The country’s situation and the entire world can cause emotional distress in the mind of anyone who gives attention to it. The COVID-19 pandemic has dealt with the economy and our entire way of living negatively. The question many are asking is *when will all this be over?
Worrying about all these events may cause anxiety, fear and sorrow. Personally, beyond the pandemic, *infodemic (troubling information)* troubled me in the last few days. I became unhappy because of the Nigerian government response to issues of national interest.
The Lord wants you to cheer up and never allow all the happenings in the world to give you sorrow. The way to go about this is first to surrender your life to Jesus. He will give joy that is not describable (Matt 11:28). Remember. after Mary conceived Jesus supernaturally, she became a carrier of joy.
She visited Elizabeth, and immediately Elizabeth heard her greetings; the baby (John the Baptist) in her womb leapt for joy and Elizabeth was equally filled with the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:39-43). If you also carry Jesus in your spirit like Mary carried him in her womb, everything about you should produce joy for you and those around you.
God also encouraged us in his word to rejoice always (Phil 4:4&3:1). The Lord has not called into the company of mourners. The reality of heaven is our guide. Some people feel that a Christian is someone who wears a sober look. Others assume that a good sermon is the one that gives Godly sorrow to the hearers. Much more than this, Philip preached in the Samaria, and there was great joy in the city (Acts 8:8).
I want you to do the following today
- Like David, encourage yourself in the Lord no matter what has happened or happening (I Samuel 30:6)
- Remember that this phase will surely pass. After this, we will all rejoice. Therefore you will have no opportunity to reverse the hands of time to rejoice.
- Listen to psalms, spiritual songs and also share them with others
- Receive from God in the place of prayers the answers to issue that is bothering your heart. (Phil 4:6)
- Focus on things that give you joy. Don’t allow your meditation to be filled with things that are not bringing joy Phil 4:6-9
- Eat well, Sleep well and relax.
- Do not expose yourself to the wrong information.