Bible Reading: (I Kings 18).
Topic: Facing the main battle
Memory Verse: (2Co 12:9 KJV)
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
We can classify many of the battles and struggles identified on day two as the preliminary battles. Thus, God’ battle-axe main battles are against nations and kingdoms; horse and his rider; man and woman; old and young; a young man and the maid; the shepherd and his flock; husbandman and his yoke of oxen and captains and rulers.
We must remember that God said: ‘ye are my battle axe and with you’ God is doing the battle; He only desires to use us as His battle-axe and weapon of war. With you means God is the real man of war that is going into the battle. We are just a weapon in His hands. The temptation is always there for the battle-axe to report victory as though it took itself to the battle. God, with his hand, carries the battle-axe to the battle, and with the battle-axe, he destroys the enemy (Exodus 15:3). So Peter said to the surprised crowd who saw the lame man at the gate called beautiful healed after he and John prayed for the lame man.
Act 3: 12b-13 (KJV)
or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his son Jesus; whom ye delivered up and denied him in the presence of Pilate when he was determined to let him go.
Any battle axe whom the Lord will use must never forget to return all the glory to God. Men will always want to give the battle-axe the glory of God, who is using you as the battle axe. However, God’s battle axe must be determined to remind himself that the man of war can do without them. During the victory celebration, the battle-axe must point those cheering them to God who holds the axe.
II Cor 3:5 (KJV)
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God
The sufficiency of a battle axe is in God the man of war. The battles God will do with us are as follows :
- Battles against the nations: the term nation refers to both people and their way of life. In 1876, a Scottish missionary named Mary Slessor (a battle axe) arrived at Calabar in Nigeria. Before her arrival, the Efik nation kills twins at birth. Many children who they accuse of witchcraft were treated as an outcast. In addition, before she arrived in Calabar, many women were severely treated by the colonial masters and their husbands. With Mary Slessor, God broke into pieces the culture of killing twins and tormenting children on witchcraft accusation. With her, women had a voice in the Efik society and oppression related to gender stopped. More importantly, through the gospel of the love of Jesus in the character and words of Mary Slessor, many souls were saved. The Efik nation cannot forget this great woman of God. The Scottish government has immortalised Mary Slessor’s face on the £10 Clydesdale banknote today.
Today, God wants to use many to fight nations. A nation is not restricted to a geographical space in this context. It is better to understand nations as a system and culture among men that does not glorify God. God’s intention for your life after you get born again is to break the nation into pieces.
Your nation may be all the young men and women trapped under drug addiction in a particular nation. To another nation may mean the out of school children who are street beggars in the Northern Nigeria. Also, to another, the nation may mean men and women who are worshipping the idol. The battle-axe impact on a nation is that it will break into pieces; everything called ungodliness. And, it will also engineer a positive change in society.
- Battle against Kingdom: The battle with a king and its dominion is the battle against the kingdom. God intends to use us to break kingdoms of darkness into pieces. In simple terms, when God use His battle axe to break into pieces, the kingdom of darkness, specific structures and operation cease to exist. It is essential to understand that there are particular structures or systems and operations or processes in the kingdom of God. Among the structure or design in the kingdom of God are discipleship and leadership structures. The leading operations are evangelism, fellowship and worship. What Jesus meant when He said I would build my church and the gate of hell will not prevail. He is plainly saying that nothing can break into pieces the structure and operations he left on the earth in the kingdom of God. Breaking the kingdom into pieces involves God using His battle axe to destroy the devil’s operation and structure on earth.
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
God will use us to break into pieces the kingdom of the devil (Structures and Operations). A man used by God in the Bible for this battle was Elijah. In a day, he killed four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal. He called the fire of God down from heaven, and the entire nation began to worship, shouting, ‘Jehovah is God’. With Elijah, God dismantled the structure and operation of Baal (I Kings 18). In the southwestern part of Nigeria, God’s move in 1930 broke the idolatry which the Yoruba nation is associated with into pieces.
Men like Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola chased out demons from the forbidden forest. They destroyed the occult’s power, made evil kings repent, took over the sacred mountains dedicated to idolatry. It was reported that Apostle Babalola went to a king who had the power of the devil. The king had a sword that usually brings out fire supernaturally. The apostle commanded the fire in the sword to die and the power of God quenched it. Immediately a giant tree that they worship in the market square was uprooted supernaturally. The dominion of the devil in that town was destroyed. In short, the devil was ashamed because his structure and operation were broken to pieces.
This battle has more spiritual than social implication. For example, a boy in a hostel where stealing, masturbation, fornication, rebellion against teachers and other evil are prevalent can be God’s battle axe that will destroy the devil’s works. He goes ahead to witness Jesus and call other children of God like him together. After this, a fellowship begins, and more young people start following Jesus.
- I deep my spirit, soul and body into the blood of Jesus Christ
- Any association that is limiting my effectiveness as a battle axe, I break it into pieces.
- Oh Lord, let me always remember that I am an earthen vessel carrying the treasure of God. Also, let me acknowledge that the excellency of the power is of God, and not of me, in whatsoever you are doing for me and through me.
- Oh Lord, remove every distraction that is making me not to see the nation that you have sent me to in the name of Jesus
- Oh God, my father, I am ready for the assignment into the nations, empower me to do exploit and give me angelic support
- Just like Moses made Egyptians disrespect Pharoah, use me to change the domain of evil kings to God’s territory.
- Oh Lord, make me your agent of revival in any territory I find myself in the name of Jesus Christ
- Every arrangement from hell to make me lose focus will fail in the name of Jesus
- I am sitted in heavenly places in Christ Jesus above all principality and authority, and might, and lordship, and every name named, not only in this age but also in the coming one
- Because in Christ, all things were created, those in the heavens, those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through Him, and for Him, have been created. Therefore, no devil will be able to defeat me in the name of Jesus Christ
- And through Jesus, God reconciles all things to himself—having made peace through the blood of His cross—through Him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens. Oh Lord, make me the agent of reconciliation in the name of Jesus Christ
- I send all the prophets of Baal in my domain out of business in the name of Jesus Christ
- I frustrate all satanic activities in my local church in the name of Jesus Christ
- I frustrate all satanic activities in my family in the name of Jesus Christ
- I come by the blood of Jesus and I command the reign of terror to end in my lineage in the name of Jesus christ
- Just like Samson was able to kill a thousand Philistines with the jaw bone of the donkey, my simple idea gets me significant result among nations and kingdoms in the name of Jesus christ
- Oh Lord, let me have encounters with you that will make you always use me as your favourite battle axe in the name of Jesus Christ
- Every disease or sickness or infirmities or problem that the devil is using to reduce my joy, clear away with the blood of Jesus Christ
- Every power that wants me to catch nothing in the ocean of life be wasted in the name of Jesus Christ
- I deploy the warrior angels from heaven to dislodge every witchcraft and territorial forces that do not want me to take territories for God.
- I am a battle axe, and the devil cannot stop me in the name of Jesus Christ.
We need your support