Friday 27th of August 2021
Topic: Working in Unity
Memory Verse: (1Co 1:10 KJV) Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
The operation of God’s battle axes is more effective when we work together as a team. The Lord Himself promised a victory when we work as a team.
(Lev 26:8 KJV)
And five of you shall chase an hundred, and hundreds of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
If a hundred can chase ten thousand, my mathematics indicate that one is pursuing a thousand. Remember, five can chase a hundred; this means one is chasing twenty. The real ability of one battle-axe is 1000, but it will not manifest until 100 battle axes come together. Any time five battle axes are pursuing the enemy, they will operate (-980) below their ability to win.
The devil knows that the more united God’s battle axes are, the more losses his kingdom will experience. So the kingdom of the devil unites us to fight our unity and destroy the love that binds us together.
How does the devil break the Unity of God’s Battle Axes?
- Pride: A great evangelist who is winning souls into the kingdom of God through evangelistic crusade cannot do so much if there are no ushers, technical crew, prayer warriors, protocols, logistics, choir, transportation team and many other battle-axes working towards the success of the crusade before, during and after the crusade. Unfortunately, the devil will suggest to the evangelist that he is the greatest in the scheme of things and the working of God. This will make him to treat another battle-axe that God is using badly. Ultimately, division and strife will set in.
- Comparing Oneself with Another
(2Co 10:12 YLT)
For we do not make bold to rank or to compare ourselves with certain of those commending themselves, but they, among themselves measuring themselves, and comparing themselves with themselves, are not wise.
It is a foolish thing for a battle axe to insist that God must use him or her in the same wway He is using another battle axe. The letters of Apostle Paul break people down, and they cried in repentance. His speech, on the other hand, does not have the same effect. Peter’s speech on Pentecost day made people cry out, saying what shall we do to be saved (Acts 2:37).
(Php 2:13 GW)
It is God who produces in you the desires and actions that please him.
Whatsoever you see another battle axe doing for God, God is in charge and do not envy anyone. In the same vein, both the action and desire are pleasing to God. In other words, if you see a battle axe doing a thing for God, God is pleased. If you are unpleased, then you are not pleasing God.
After Peter learnt from Jesus that he would die a Martyr, he became concerned about what will happen to John. For example, it may please God that he will use a battle axe in villages, and another will be used in the stocks exchange market of a nation. The former should not compare himself with the other.
John 21:20 GWT
Peter turned around and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved. That disciple was following them.
He was the one who leaned against Jesus’ chest at the supper and asked, ‘Lord, who is going to betray you?’, ‘When Peter saw him, he asked Jesus, “Lord, what about him?”’
Jesus said to Peter, ‘If I want him to live until I come again, how does that concern you? Follow me!’
From Jesus response, we should know that what God decides to do to another child of God is not our concern. No jealousy or envy is permitted. Love and respect for one another is the only thing that is allowed
- Gifts and locations
Take time to study I Corinthians 12:7-11,28 and Eph 4:11. You will find phrases like to some, to one and to another repeated all through the scriptures describing how God distributes gifts and anointing to His battle axe. However, you will not find the phrase to all. This implies that no two battle axes is precisely the same in terms of blessing and gift. There are even differences in administration among those with the same gifts.
Rom 12:6 KJV
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
There will be division among us if we fail to understand the principles here. It is impossible a battle-axe has it all. However, it is a thing of joy that you see another battle axe doing what you are unable to do because God gives us different grace. Mocking another battle axe of the things they are unable to do is a product of ignorance. It is the method through which the devil divides us.
The location where Amos and Isaiah operated is an important lesson that all Gods battle axe must understand. Amos and Isaiah prophesied at the same time but in a different location. Isaiah was very close to Israel’s kings. He lived in Jerusalem while Amos was in a remote area called Tekoa. Tekoa is miles away from Bethlehem.
Assuming they are both alive in this contemporary time, Isaiah will be called upon to lead the opening prayers during any state function. Still, Amos may not get any invitation to the same event. It is God who decides our location and territory of influence.
If we can choose the territory where we wish God to use us as is a battle axe, no one will pick places like Tekoa. In the plan of God, he has no desire to leave a particular location without a battle axe doing His bidding. Therefore, a battle axe must be everywhere on earth, doing God’s assignment. What is relevant is being where God wants you to be per time.
- Oh, Lord, give me a heart of service and remove all the pride in my heart.
- Anywhere you want to use me, Lord, I am ready to go, send me in the name of Jesus Christ
- My comfort will not hinder God from working through me in the name of Jesus Christ
- The Lord is with me, and anywhere he sends me, I will be a blessing in the name of Jesus Christ
- I refuse to compare myself with other people in the name of Jesus Christ
- Oh lord, give me a heart that will not look down on what you are doing in the life of anyone in Jesus Name
- I give honour unto other people whom the Lord is using in the name of Jesus Christ
- Mention your territory and say I arrest the spirit of division in the name of Jesus